Friday, February 19, 2010

The Shutterbug Eye - Updates and changes

So I felt it time to do an update on my shops and plans for The Shutterbug Eye.

I had the fun experience last weekend of being the Artfire Crazy Train rider.  While on Artfire as a verified, or pro, member I have listed well over 200 photo items, promoted myself and others and yet I feel like I have created largely a gallery.  My few sales have been mainly to friends, my page hits are not where I'd like them to be dispite trying to write good titles and such.

I am moving in the following directions:
  1. Getting all of my best pieces categorized in galleries on my website.
  2. Listing my favorite pieces on Etsy to maintain a limited best of selection there.
  3. I plan to purchase a pro member on Flickr which is only $24 per year and put all my best pieces by category there.
  4. I will continue to feature other artists on My Handmade Site though may change how I do things slightly
  5. I will continue with my photo blog The Shutterbug Eye
I hope that limiting my focus, as I was trying to manage Artfire, Etsy and 1000 Markets, will make life less stressful, help me enjoy the process again and hopefully be successful.  I will not shut any store, I simply do not plan to manage them anymore.

 
 


If you wish to see my full selection visit me at http://www.theshutterbugeye.com and look at my galleries.

DK Miller
The Shutterbug Eye, Nature photography and more

No comments:

Post a Comment